Wednesday, March 14, 2012

30 Random Facts About Me!

     Sounds awesome, right?? =]  Cuz I know you guys are just DYING to know these little tidbits about my life. hahaa Actually I am just incredibly bored at the moment, and came across a 30 day blogging challenge online and just chose the most interesting day to do.  And what could be more interesting than me??? kidding, kidding...but no really, brace yourself for the coming onslaught of the awesomeness that is my life in the form of 30 random (hopefully. if you already know all these things about me kudos to you/you are a creep) facts about me. =]

1. I have the upper body strength of a small new born child.
  Sad, but true.  Basically, I suck at anything that involves opening things, arm wrestling, or carrying loads heavier than 1 pound.
2. I am not good at word games.
   I'm not gonna lie, this actually surprises me.  I feel like I always thought that reading a lot would make me really good with words, but apparently.  Pretty much anybody could beat me at words with friends, but for some reason despite sucking royally at it, I still love playing them.  I guess I just can't accept that I'm horrible at them.
3. I have successfully finished two tubes of chap stick in the past 6 months.
   Call me impossible, but I have.  It has always been one of my life dreams to finish a tube of chap stick without losing it first or accidentally washing it with my laundry, or leaving it in the car, melting it.  And now look at me, not only have I finished one, but TWO! Like a boss.
4. I hate milk.
   I hate it with a fiery burning passion.  I think I've only had about 3 glasses of milk since 4th grade.  And that's only because I forced myself into drinking them cuz I got scared I was going to have osteoporosis at the age of 20 (probably will still happen).  I occasionally drink chocolate milk, but lately that has been tasting too much like regular milk, so I can't even drink that... I'm thinking about looking into soy milk or almond milk actually, just so people will stop looking at me like I'm a psychopath when I eat my cereal dry... haha
5. I've been having a strange desire lately to have my head shoved into a birthday cake...
   Don't ask me why... it just seems like one of those things that should happen to everybody at least once...  I mean it seems like it would be fun right?? Or is that just me...?
6. I have an irrational fear of drive by shootings.
   I don't really know why I'm scared of this, it's not like I grew up in the ghetto or anything (despite what some may believe, me being half black and all).  Just ever since I was a wee child whenever I've been outside at night and a car drives by there's always this fear in the back of my head that maybe they'll just start shooting... hahah yeah... I'm a little crazy I guess... ha  
7. I love basketball!
    It is hands down my favorite sport ever.  Nothing else even comes close.  I love playing basketball, watching basketball, I love everything basketball. I don't know, maybe it's just the black person inside of me coming out (though I definitely didn't get my love from my dad...he hates basketball... yes, that's right, he's not a real black person... haha)  The sad thing is that I don't get to play it very much anymore.  I used to play on a team as a child but then quit that after they started playing games on Sundays.  And then I only played during church ball season.  Oh goodness, I cannot even tell you how much I loved church ball...hahaha Spending all Saturday up at church just watching game after game all day, the best thing ever.  But now that I am an old person I don't get to play church ball anymore, so basically I don't play very often anymore... which sucks buttmonkeys.
8. I plan on naming my child after my favorite book characters.
   Yup, I'm one of those people.  I would tell you the names I have planned but then you would get jealous and steal them.  But lets just say that there might be real life Fred/George twins in the future... =]
9. I want to write novels when I grow up.
   That's the plan anyways.  Marry somebody super rich so I can lounge around all day writing and making millions off my bestseller books... haha jk. I'm gonna be holed up in some crappy apartment living off of ramen with my 50 dogs, trying desperately to convince people to read any of my books... sounds good to me hha
10. I really really like guys who wear nice shoes.
    Annnnd I guess it doesn't hurt when they have on equally as nice clothing as well.  Picture Ryan Gosling in Crazy, Stupid, Love, or Matt Bomer in White Collar.  Perfection.  But then again who doesn't like that?? Crazy people.  That's who.  No but seriously.  I may or may not just scope out guys shoes all the time while I'm walking across campus... is that weird?? Oh well... hah
11. I've never broken a bone before.
    Yeah... I was a very careful child/my dad would never let us do anything super risky, therefore, none of us have actually broken anything... I have had stitches though... Right on my chin.  I don't remember how old I was... 7 maybe 8... I had just gotten out of the shower and somehow ended up slipping and cracking my chin on the floor... I was obviously a very bright child seeing as how it didn't occur to me to use my hands to break my minor slip and not my chin... but you know whatevs...
12. I actually really like Spiderman 3.
    I don't care what anyone else says, I love it/am a proud owner.  It is definitely my favorite of the two.  Yes I know that it is terribly corny and just flat out bad, but I feel like there's a point when a movie is just so bad, it's wonderfully good.  Spiderman 3 captures that perfectly.  Oh and James Franco might have a little something to do with that.
13. I don't like talking to people I don't know...
     I don't know maybe I just took the 'don't talk to strangers' rule a little bit too much to heart as a child, but I kinda actually really hate meeting new people.  It's just awkward... at least for me.. I mean once we get past like the first initial few months of knowing each other, then we can be the best of friends, but meeting people for the first time?? It's the worst. hahaa Actually, I have been getting a lot better at making friends and talking to people and all the stuff that normal people do all the time without being too awkward about it... hahaa
14. I have a secret desire to be a stunt driver.
     It would pretty much be the best job ever.  I always loved the car commercials were they had the car doing all these crazy turns and stunts and everything, and then underneath it would be all like professional driver blah blah blah... How awesome would that be?? What could be better than getting to drive like a psychopath for a living??  When you meet people and they ask you what you do for a living you could be all like "I'm a professional driver aka I get to drive all types of cars 1000000000x faster than you could ever dream of."  Seriously, how do you become a stunt driver?? I think I have just realized my calling.
15. I shaved my legs for the first time since the beginning of November the other day.
    And it was the best decision I have ever made in my life.  Haters gonna Hate. Annnnd that's all I have to say about that...
16. I am a closet video/computer game geek.
    I know, I know, you would never be able to tell from just looking at me right?? hahah jk. The whole world probably knows and I just like to pretend that I'm fooling everybody.  Seriously though, LOVE them!  I'm not gonna lie I could easily play a video game all day/night if given the opportunity/have done just that an obscene number of times...  My favorite games include the Civilization games (for the computer), Assassin's Creed, Zelda, COD/Nazi Zombies, Super Smash Bros, Sonic Adventure Battle 2, a thousand more and soon to be Skyrim.  I have yet to play that one, but I know it's going to be a fave.
17. The thought of serving a mission kinda scares the crap out of me.
     Don't get me wrong I am super excited about it and it is definitely still the plan, I'm just scared to death about it.  It kinda ties back to the whole 'not liking to meet new people/talking to them thing'... which is basically the whole point of a mission... But you know hopefully I'll get over that pretty quickly... or at least that's the plan...
18. I get more emotional about over my fave tv shows/movies/books than real life.
     Seriously, I really really cried about something that actually happens in my life, probably only every couple of years really, but as soon as I get emotionally attached to a tv show or movie or book and something even remotely sad happens I turn into a full on blubber baby.  I cried at the end of Spiderman 3...both times I saw it in theaters.  I am a mess during books, like the Hunger Games/Harry Potter.  I even teared up while watching Rookie Blue aka a cop show.  Who cries during a cop show?? Apparently I do.  But did I cry when I had to leave all my friends and family a move halfway across the country to come out to college?? Nope.  And yet I cry during things like Rookie Blue.  Seriously. I am weird. haha
19. I really love my summer job at camp working with all the children.
    It is one of my favorite things ever, and is something I look forward to all year round.  I work at a day camp for the City of Florissant (where I am from) for 6 weeks during the summer.  It's basically just a place for 6 to 12 year olds to go during the summer while there parents are at work so they won't get into any trouble/have someone to look at them.  Basically I get paid to play with kids all summer.  This coming summer will be my 3rd year there.  My group my first year were the 8 year old boys and last year I had the 7 year old boys.  I'm hoping to get the 6 year old boys this summer. They are just so precious. hahah  Oh and this year Harrison will be working there too and Abby will be volunteering! It's going to be so much fun!!
20. When I was about 5 years old I sandpapered my nose.
    I don't really know what was going on in my head when it happened, all I know is that I saw my dad sandpapering all this wood and stuff and it looked like fun, so I grabbed a piece and sandpapered the first thing I could think of...which was my nose apparently... I have a very distinct memory of bring the sandpaper to my face, but after that I have no idea what happened. I'm pretty sure I blocked it all out.  I do know that I had a huge scab running the length of my nose forever though...hahaha
21. The Lord of the Rings movies are my favorite movies ever in the history of the world.
     I could talk about those movies all day long.  They are just so perfect, so beautiful, just everything about them is wonderful! The sets, the cast, the music! Just perfect.
22. Olan Rogers is my soul mate.
     I know I have said this about other people in the past but I really mean it this time.  He is perfect in every way and I am convinced that if we were to just meet once, even if it were for just a second, we would both fall madly in love and be married that second. If you don't know who he is you have not lived/you should go look him up this instant!
23. I would be perfectly content working in a bookstore for the rest of my life.
     I know that's not very ambitious, I mean it's no stunt driving career, but it's true.  I love books and to be able to work with them all the time, everyday would be the best thing ever.  Ideally, I will somehow manage to get a job at Barnes and Noble this summer and work there until I leave on my mission...which is pretty much impossible, but a girl can dream right??
24. I kinda really really like zombies.
     I really like zombie stories a lot...but I hate hate hate violence... kind of a conflict of interests... hahah but despite that I may or may not have a plan for when the zombie apocalypse happens and it may or may not involve taking over a Costco...
25. Dr. Who is the cleverest show I have ever seen.
    It's pretty much without a doubt my favorite show, hands down.  I have been super obsessed with it this semester.  At first I wasn't really into it, I watched the first episode over Christmas Break and didn't like it very much, but then decided to give it another try and ended up watching all 6 seasons in a month...  I haven't watched any of the older ones... which I know probably makes me not a true fan, but whatevs the new ones are good enough for me.  You should definitely check it out sometime.  It really is the best.
26. If I could have any super power it would be the ability to manipulate time.
     I think that would just be the coolest thing ever!  Not necessarily time travel (I'm waiting for the Doctor to show up for that), but like stopping time and stuff like that.  Like that movie Clockstoppers.  I always thought that was so awesome!  You would be able to get so much done if you could stop time whenever you wanted.  I think that super power would be a thousand times better than like flying or something lame like that... haha
27. I would be happy living by myself with a bunch of dogs.
     Just call me the dog lady.  I could never be a cat lady, but a dog lady.  That would be divine.  Maybe after I make all my millions writing books I'll just adopt a thousand dogs and live in a cottage by the sea that I can just sit around a read books all day.  That doesn't sound too bad.
28.  My dream car is a purple mustang.
     I've wanted a mustang for as long as I can remember.  And not one of those new ones... a 2002 Mustang GT.  I've always loved those so much more than the newer models.  And then like a year or two ago I was driving home from a midnight showing and I saw a PURPLE  2002 Mustang GT.  It was perfect. I didn't even know that that was possible.  It has basically been my dream ever since.  I love purple, I love the mustang gts, why not put them together in perfect harmony.  Seriously.  It's gonna be the best when I get it someday...hahaha
29. The love potion in the 6th Harry Potter book would smell like Barnes and Noble and brown sugar.
     The potion smells different for everybody, the things they find most desirable.  And those are the things it would definitely smell like for me.  I love the smell of books/Barnes and Noble/i guess just really any collection of books would do.  And of course the brown sugar is always my favorite part of baking anything.  It smells straight up like heaven.
30. I am an accomplished maker of pancakes.
    This isn't really true, I just ran out of random facts about myself, but if you know what movie this is from you win!! That's right! Dan in Real Life!  It's a pretty awesome movie. It will most definitely always hold a special place in my heart because it led me to Sondre Lerche.  My favorite music artist ever.  He does all the music for that movie and it is magic. Pure magic.  I guess that probably should have been my last fact: I LOVE SONDRE! hahaha oh well

     Well, I hope you enjoyed this little in depth look into my soul and if you actually read all of that kudos to you, cuz I probably wouldn't have... hahaha anyway... hope you are having an awesome day! =]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment